Hackfest Communcation events (Hackfest, iHack, QuebecSec, etc.), its online community (Discord and social networks) and other initiatives (Podcast and its collaborators, InfosecJobs, etc.) are friendly and safe spaces where everyone can meet and interact with each other to learn and share knowledge. With these facts in mind, here are the rules we expect everyone to follow.
Any action or behavior that :
- May disrupt the convention operations
- Causes excessive discomfort to other attendees
- Adversely affects Hackfest guests or venues
Are forbidden and may result in expulsion from the event and ban from coming back to any of Hackfest Communication events.
Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attention, will not be tolerated at the convention.
- If someone tells you “no” or ask you to leave them alone, you are done with them. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the premises.
- If you have been the target of harassment, we urge you to report the incident immediately to a member of Hackfest (Find a Red Hackfest T-shirt). The sooner an issue is reported to us, the more appropriately we can address it.
Remember: “Presence does not imply consent.”