Prove that you can social-engineer anyone in English or French.
Get in a booth in front of a crowd, do a phone call to a known company, gather multiple flag by only asking them question by voice… and win!
What is Hackfest Social-Engineering Contest?
A social engineering contest by telephone where the participant must obtain privileged information via engineering discussion techniques. The goal is to get an X number of information and the best wins!
Funny, interesting and stressful, will you be up to it?
Registration & Form
- Call for Participants: PDF
Call for Crew: PDF
- Send your registration details by email (Step 1 of the CFP) to:
shane @ hackfest.ca
- 1st place winner gets an Hackfest Black coin!
- More detail soon!
Who was a target ?
- Irving Oil
- 321 calls over two days; totaling 12.5 hours
- 66% of companies revealed detailed information (compared to 87.5% in the event’s first running in 2017):
- operating system
- email client version
- internet browser
- told us they were blocked from accessing USB
- went to a website address given to them by their caller (50% in 2017)
- 100% of all targets gave out information detailing their video surveillance systems (a worsening from the 63% in 2017)
- 50% shut down attackers!!!
- Some gave information after saying they were concerned