The amateur radio village is the ideal place to learn about the technologies available to operators. You’ll be able to immerse yourself in this often little-known universe, where the possibilities are limitless. Come and talk to experienced operators on a wide range of subjects.
Example of topics covered, and equipment will be on hand to demonstrate them.
- High-performance models
- Remote operation
- Digital modes (JT65, FT8, etc)
- Contesting (when radio becomes competitive)
- DX Clusters, PSK Reporter, Beaconning
- Digital modes (Yeasu System Fusion, Icom D-Star, DMR, etc.)
- EME (Earth-Moon-Earth ie Moon bounce)
- 0 to 12 GHz receiver and signal generator
- HamNet/AREDN network
- Special activities**
- Field Day (North American deployment exercise)
- Project ARISS (Contacts with the International Space Station)
- Emergency communications (infrastructure failures)
Club Radio Amateur de Québec Inc